Pomelo Grapefruit Shea Butter Souffle is an all-natural, hydrating moisturizer (8 oz)
Pomelo Grapefruit Shea butter is fat that’s extracted from the nuts of the shea tree. Millwood Naturals Pomelo Fruit Shea Butter Souffle is made with a proprietary blend of berries. Shea trees are native to West Africa. It has been used as a cosmetic ingredient for centuries. Its high concentration of vitamins and fatty acids — combined with its easy-to-spread consistency — make it a great product for smoothing, soothing, and conditioning your skin.
Size: 8 OZ
How to use Pomelo Fruit Shea Butter Souffle
You can apply this directly to your skin. You can use your fingers to scoop a teaspoon or so of shea butter from your jar, and then rub it onto your skin until it’s completely absorbed. It is slippery and can keep makeup from adhering to your face, so you may prefer to apply it at night before bed.
It’s safe for all skin types
Shea butter is technically a tree nut product. But unlike most tree nut products, it’s very low in the proteins that can trigger allergies. In fact, there’s no medical literature documenting an allergy to topical shea butter. Shea butter doesn’t contain chemical irritants known to dry out skin, and it doesn’t clog pores. It’s appropriate for nearly any skin type.
Typically used for its moisturizing effects. These benefits are tied to shea’s fatty acid content, including linoleic, oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids. When you apply shea topically, these oils are rapidly absorbed into your skin. They act as a “refatting” agent, restoring lipids and rapidly creating moisture. This restores the barrier between your skin and the outside environment, holding moisture in and reducing your risk of dryness.
- It’s antioxidant
- May prevent acne
- Boosts collagen production
- promote cell regeneration
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks and scarring
- Minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Offers added sun protection
- It may help soothe conditions like eczema, dermatitis, and psoriasis
- It may help soothe insect bites
Where do all of these benefits come from?
The benefits come from its chemical makeup. It contains:
- linoleic, palmitic, stearic, and oleic fatty acids, ingredients that balance oils on your skin
- vitamins A, E, and F, antioxidant vitamins that promote circulation and healthy skin cell growth
- triglycerides, the fatty part of the shea nut that nourishes and conditions your skin
- cetyl esters, the waxy part of the shea nut butter that conditions skin and locks in moisture
(Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/what-is-shea-butter and cited sources )